In the exercise
In the exerciseof the powers vested in me by Article V of Annex 10 (Agreement on Civilian Implementation of the Peace Settlement) to the General Framework Agreement for Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina, according to which the High Representative is the final authority in theatre regarding interpretation of the said Agreement on the Civilian Implementation of the Peace Settlement; and considering in particular Article II.1.(d) of the last said Agreement, according to the terms of which the High Representative shall “Facilitate, as the High Representative judges necessary, the resolution of any difficulties arising in connection with civilian implementation”;
Recalling paragraph XI.2 of the Conclusions of the Peace Implementation Conference held in Bonn on 9 and 10 December 1997, in which the Peace Implementation Council welcomed the High Representative’s intention to use his final authority in theatre regarding interpretation of the Agreement on the Civilian implementation of the Peace Settlement in order to facilitate the resolution of any difficulties as aforesaid “by making binding decisions, as he judges necessary” on certain issues including (under sub-paragraph (c) thereof) measures to ensure implementation of the Peace Agreement throughout Bosnia and Herzegovina and its Entities;
Recalling Article 2 of the Decision of the High Representative on Combining the Competencies of the Independent Media Commission and the Telecommunications Regulatory Agency of 2 March 2001 which establishes the structure of the Communications Regulatory Agency and empowers the Council to provide guidance with regard to strategic issues of policy implementation;
Noting that pursuant to Article 2.3 of the said Decision the High Representative appoints all members of the Council which consists of four nationals of Bosnia and Herzegovina and three internationals;
Noting that pursuant to Article 2.5 of the said Decision the members of the Council of the Independent Media Commission have remained in office pending the appointment of a new Council of the Communications Regulatory Agency;
Noting that the Communications Regulatory Agency as a combined regulator for the areas of telecommunications and broadcasting requires a Council that is composed of experts from both areas equally.
Having considered and borne in mind all the matters aforesaid, I hereby issue the following
Appointing the CRA Council
- I hereby appoint the following persons as Bosnia and Herzegovina members of the Council of the Communications Regulatory Agency:
Mr. Vlatko Dolecek
Mr. Mahir Hadziahmetovic
Mr. Mehmed Husic
Mr. Branko Peric
- I hereby appoint the following persons as international members of the Council of the Communications Regulatory Agency:
Mr. Brian Fontes
Ms. Clare Mulholland
Mr. Robert Taylor
- I hereby appoint Mr. Brian Fontes as Chairperson, and Ms. Clare Mulholland and Mr. Branko Peric as Vice-Chairpersons of the Council of the Communications Regulatory Agency.
- The above Council members, including the Chairperson and Vice Chairpersons, are appointed for a period of 3 years from the day this Decision enters into force, unless the appointment of any individual is previously terminated by me at any time during this period.
- This Decision shall enter into force on 8 December 2001 and shall be published without delay in the Official Gazette of Bosnia and Herzegovina and in the Official Gazettes of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and of the Republika Srpska.
Sarajevo, 29 November 2001