Position Title: Political Advisor
Department/Section: Political & Economic department
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Contract Type: Seconded (by the Government of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg)
Eligibility: Citizen of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
Reporting/Supervisory Line: Head of Political & Economic department
Secondment duration: two years
Expected starting date: November 2020
Purpose and Scope of the Position:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of the Political and Economic Department, the Political Advisor will work on a range of substantive issues in support of the mandate of the High Representative. He/she will work interactively with other international and domestic organizations and offices in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining an excellent understanding of the current political situation in Bosnia and Herzegovina and monitoring the compliance with the GFAP (General Framework Agreement on Peace in Bosnia and Herzegovina) in his/her AoR (area of responsibilities);
- Working closely with the OHR’s various departments on issues from his/her AoR and other tasks assigned by the Head of Department;
- Producing comprehensive reports, political analysis and recommendations for the Head of the Department;
- Advising the Head of Political and Economic department on political issues from his/her AoR ;
- Participate in working groups involving both international and national partners;
- Maintaining close contacts with the international organization, local political community and civil society in order to ensure efficient coordination and achievement of common goals in his/her field of responsibilities;
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of Department including the drafting of policy recommendations, briefings and talking points on issues from his/her AOR;
Professional Requirements / Qualifications:
- University degree in Political Science, International Relations or other relevant fields;
- Five (5) years of professional experience is desirable;
- Knowledge on the OHR’s Mandate and thorough understanding of the political, social and economic landscape in Bosnia and Hercegovina;
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of French, German and Luxembourgish is desirable;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience in briefing and preparing documents for use by senior management;
- Substantial experience in preparing of political analysis and recommendation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and negotiating skills.
Any person with the above qualifications
have to submit their candidature to the https://govjobs.public.lu/fr/postuler/postes-vacants/employes/2020/A1/Septembre/20200919-conseillerpolitiquemfrf0001408-47789.html
(Ministry of the Civil Service of the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg)
should provide in English a CV with a one-page cover letter
and references to the following:
Human Resources, Office of the High Representative
Emerika Bluma 1, 71000 Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reference number: 2020/014
Closing date for applications: 2 October 2020
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.