RRTF: Report March 1998An Action Plan in support of the return of refugees and displaced persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina
Annex 1 – Definitions
- Persons originating from Bosnia and Herzegovina, currently hosted in third countries, with refugee status as defined by international law.
- Displaced Persons:
- Persons having left their place of origin as a result of war or persecutions and currently accommodated in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- Return of refugees to Bosnia and Herzegovina, regardless of their place of destination within the country.
- Return of refugees and/or displaced persons to their place of origin.
- Reintegration of refugees or displaced persons in areas different from their places of origin.
- Durable Solutions:
- Resident status in third countries; resettlement in third countries (incl. naturalization); repatriation.
- Minority Return:
- Return to areas controlled by a ethnic group other than the returnees’.
- Majority Return:
- Return to areas controlled by the returnees’ ethnic group.