Welcome to the Free Media Help Line Page
Free Media Help Line is a line especially created for journalists who have experienced any kind of intimidation and interference during their work in the media.
The Help Line was first established by the Independent Media Commission (today’s Communications Regulatory Agency – CRA) in February 1999. In the autumn of the same year, it was taken over by the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), which maintained the Line for almost two and a half years offering a confidential point of contact to journalists and media outlets in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The Free Media Help Line is designed to:
- To document actual instances of threats to media freedom and journalists’ rights, and to determine the scope and magnitude of the problem in BiH;
- To provide direct assistance to journalists and media outlets which have experienced threat or interference, to the extent possible within the mandate and resources of the OHR;
- To co-ordinate appropriate follow-up by other agencies.
We remind all the journalists that the Free Media Help Line Team can be reached via:
- Telephone/Fax: + 38 7 33 217 302
- Email: FMHL@ohr.int or by filling out the online
- Incident Report Form – can be found on the Free Media Help Line page
This project is funded by the European Union, the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Office of the High Representative.
Contact us and make a difference.
Freedom of Expression – Your Right