Duty Station: Sarajevo
Contract Type: Intern
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE POSITION
The primary purpose of the position is to ensure that the Legal Department Translators Pool has at all times a dedicated fellow colleague tasked with specialised interpreting primarily in the legal, economic and political areas. Also, the purpose is to provide the potential candidate with an induction level of relevant knowledge in order to assist the candidate by providing him with professional guidance and initial experience needed for further career development.
The position requires resourcefulness and self-confidence in written and verbal translation in order to deal with the above-related issues promptly and effectively. It is intended to support the Legal Translators Pool in enabling the legal officers to communicate and interact with the BiH environment in pursuit of their duties. Given the nature of work, strong teamwork, co-ordination, and attention to detail are required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performing written interpretations of laws, bylaws and other regulations, various legal, political and economic documents, comments, daily correspondence as well as minutes of various meetings;
- Preparing verbal or written summaries of documents;
- Proofreading of various legislation for consolidation in the Legal Department database;
- Providing co-operation with and assistance to the fellow colleague(s) in the Legal Translators Pool;
- A relevant university degree or senior undergraduate level (final year of studies) preferably in linguistics including a solid level of linguistic skills both written and verbal required;
- Aspiration to achieve an induction level of knowledge of legal, economic and political terms and linguistic practices essential;
- Computer literacy essential;
- Flexibility and ability to cope with professional challenges;
- Team-work oriented attitude.
Any person with the above qualifications should provide (in English) a CV with a one-page cover letter and references to the following:
Office of the High Representative
Emerika Bluma 1, 71000 Sarajevo
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Fax: +387 (0) 33 283 771
Reference number: 2014-034/V
Closing date for applications: 27 November 2014
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
No telephone inquiries please